What impact do you hope to have on the world?

365 QOTD
What impact do you hope to have on the world?

After last night's event, this is a very timely question. I just want to be remembered to be someone who inspired others to do whatever they dream of, as long as it is for a good cause. I want to be one of the many who just wants to make the world a better place for everyone. A place where respect for one's individuality and contributions are valued in a shared space.

****
It was a supposed to be one of the first special Saturday nights.

After work, we all said our parting pleasantries and onto my bike, I hopped in and waited for the green signal light. And so it did. I put a little more energy on the pedals as I wanted to come home sooner and not be late for the next train, coz I still needed to drop my workbag and grab my weekender bag.

Halfway crossing the lane, a car suddenly appeared somewhere, not stopping or maybe it did a full-stop before the front part of the car touched the side of my body. I wasn't aware anymore if I tipped off my bike a little to the opposite direction so the car won't hit me. I remember doing a quick glance at the stoplight, just to check if I did it right. It was green.

Next thing I know, I am on the ground. My bike and my bag are scattered in the middle of the road, someone was holding my head and my legs, telling me not to move. I heard Eloisa asking me to unlock my phone, so she can make a phone call. I can't remember standing up but she said I stood up. An ambulance was coming then I was put in a stretcher and I was calling my Yoshi, I remember saying, " I got hit by a car." He said I called multiple times. I can't remember anymore.

At the emergency room, I remember someone telling me of an xray. Then, I don't know what else. As soon as I saw Eloisa, I immediately hugged her and I started wailing. Then, I saw Yoshi, I think I cried once more holding on to him.

I saw our Shitencho, my colleagues, my Tita Gladys and I remember not letting go of Yoshi.

Tita Gladys drove us to my home. Yoshi ordered the pizza that we all shared for dinner. Eloisa was retelling the events as it happened in front of her eyes. I know that its something hard for her as well since she lost her mom in a car accident. Tita Gladys was there trying to get to know Yoshi. It wasn't the kind of event I would like to introduce them to one another, but it can't be helped. A video call from my family back home and I introduced Yoshi to my sister and my mother. Introducing him to my father is another gameplan.

I thought of posting it on Facebook just because I wanted to let the world know that I am grateful for every person that I am surrounded with. Not realizing that far across borders of distance, friendships and political alliances, people will take time to say they care and they prayed. Little words that mean so much.

I still can't figure out what have I done to be blessed with so many kind and wonderful people around me. My colleagues and local friends in Miyazaki who told me that I can always tap their shoulders if I needed some help and to check on me if I am doing well.

To Yoshi, this wasn't the kind of a budding romance I thought of having with him, but it seems like he got to see through me first at my unfortunate events and he was there to make sure that I am doing okay as I get through it. It's a tough start and I promise that it aint a series of it.

A new day starts tomorrow, I got a lot of pending tasks to do. Gotta keep moving forward. It was such an event on my life to remember.

Comments

  1. I'm glad to read your ok and safe.

    Who is Yoshi? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the boyfriend of two weeks as of the time of the accident and the next day, he had to fly to Netherlands and stay there for a week. He said that if something worse happened to me, he probably wouldn't have left me. Hayst. I am just so glad that nothing worse happened coz it would really be very bad of me to drag him down into my own mishaps.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment :)

Popular posts from this blog

It's her time to go.

11 Sept 2023

29 Sept 2023