Remembering.

It was over. I remember staring blankly at the transparent roof. I was seated at one corner of the shop and I had no care what was going on. It was over. It kept running into my head. Repeatedly. I remember sitting at the same spot with my Peppermint Ginger Tea, staring blankly at the roof if I keep looking up or watching people come and go if I keep looking down. I remember fighting the tears from running down my face that entailed a tightened feeling inside my chest and I just had to endure it. After so many years, I came back here today for a different purpose yet, I still remembered. Maybe I didn't really forget or maybe I chose not to forget. I wonder why.

Then, its time to collect the book, notebook and pen. The ride home has arrived.


posted from Bloggeroid

Comments

  1. Sometimes, it is difficult to go back to where it happened inasmuch as it is difficult to erase something when we continuously re-enact the memories. I myself, dislike to go back where I grew up as the memories of my parents and our houses bring so much sadness. Be strong my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment :)

Popular posts from this blog

It's her time to go.

11 Sept 2023

29 Sept 2023